For detailed informational sheets published by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) please visit www.cdc.gov/vaccines
Our Vaccine Philosophy
Our practice believes that all children should receive the recommended vaccines according to the guidelines provided by the AAP and the CDC. Vaccines are safe and effective in preventing diseases and health complications in children and young adults. Regular vaccinations help children ward off infections, and are administered as one of the safest and best methods of disease prevention.
We are happy to discuss your concerns about vaccines at your child's next visit.
Recommended Immunization Schedule
- 0-6 Years -Schedule for Persons Aged 0 Through 6 Years | 2011
- 7-18 Years-Schedule for Persons Aged 7 Through 18 Years | 2011
- Catch-up Schedule -Schedule for Persons Aged 4 Months Through 18 Years Who Start Late or Who Are More Than 1 Month Behind | 2011
Vaccine Safety: The Facts Safety facts on vaccines from the AAP
Kiwi Pediatrics Vaccine Policy
As of July 1, 2019 Kiwi Pediatrics is adopting the following policy:
Kiwi Pediatrics strives to serve our local diverse community respectfully and collaboratively. We do our best to utilize evidence based practices. We fully agree with the American Academy of Pediatrics that vaccinating on the current recommended schedule is the best way to keep the children of our community safe and healthy.
Kiwi Pediatrics will only accept new patients who agree to vaccinate their children. We will work with families that prefer an alternative schedule with the goal of having children fully vaccinated by 2 years of age.
We believe a good provider-patient relationship is of the utmost importance. If you have further questions or concerns about immunizations and your child, we encourage you to make an appointment with a Kiwi provider.
Vaccine Information Sheets (VIS)
Read about your child’s vaccines here:
Immunization Schedule for Children (birth through 6 years)
- Download PDF: Recommended Immunizations for Children (English), from birth through 6 years.
- Download PDF: Vacunas Recomendadas para Niños (Español), desde el nacimiento hasta los 6 años de edad.
- See also: Immunizations and Developmental Milestones (English)
- See also: Make a Schedule for Your Child for those birth through 18 years
For a complete list of recommended immunizations, just select your child’s birth date. You can personalize it by adding your child's name. Once printed, review with your child's healthcare provider.
Immunization Schedule for Preteens and Teens (ages 7-18)
- Download PDF: Recommended Immunizations for Teens (English), from age 7 through 18 years.
- Download PDF: Vacunas Recomendadas para Adolescentes (Español), desde los 7 hasta los 18 años de edad.
For more information, visit the CDC website at:
Additional Vaccine Information
- Immunizations required for California school entry: download PDF
- California Vaccines For Children www.eziz.org
- Centers For Disease Control & Prevention www.cdc.gov
- Immunization Action Coalition www.vaccineinformation.org
- American Academy of Pediatrics www.cispimmunize.org
- National Network for Immunization Information www.immunizationinfo.org
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia www.chop.edu
- WebMD www.webmd.com